February 22-28, 2009
I have not made this soup in 15 years because I swore I would never cook with processed cheese again. I made it until the last step (the cheese). I tasted it and it lacked flavor in the broth so I added chicken bouillon and that didn't help. I finally added the cheese.
Cheesy Vegetable Soup
1 ½ pound ground chuck
1 onion diced
8 cups water
¾ cup barley
2 15 oz cans stewed tomatoes
½ pound carrots diced
Salt, pepper
1 t oregano
1 t basil
½ bag frozen corn
1 ½ cups fresh green beans
1 pound velveeta
Saute the ground chuck and onion together until cooked through. Add to stock pot along with the water, barley, tomatoes, carrots, salt pepper oregano and basil. When the carrots are cooked through add the corn and green beans for 3-4 minutes. Move to low heat and add the velveeta cheese until melted
No comments:
Post a Comment