February 15-21,2009
Last week I cooked two chickens on a rotisserie and made chicken pot pie with the meat. I took the chicken carcasse and added enough water to cover and then added a carrot, celery rib, onion and whole pepper. After simmering for a couple hours, I strained the stock and skimmed off the fat. I froze it until I could make the soup this afternoon.
Turkey Noodle Soup
½ cup butter
½ cup flour
3 quarts chicken or turkey broth
2 cups cut up chicken
2 medium onions diced
2 cups carrots diced
2 cups celery diced
1 pkg reames egg noodles
Salt
Pepper
Thyme
Melt the butter and add the onions. Sweat the onions for 10 minutes until soft. Add the flour and stir for 2-3 minutes. Add broth and bring it to a boil. Add celery and carrots, salt, pepper and thyme to taste. When the celery and carrots are tender, add the egg noodles and cook until done, approximately 20 minutes. Serve
No comments:
Post a Comment